My client is a world leader in the Aerospace sector. They are one of the UK’s leading design and manufacturers of high precision components.
Due to an increase in demand to meet customers’ requirements and unparalleled growth in their market, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Foundry Manager to join their Management team.
The main role for the Foundry Manager is to be responsible for all Foundry operations ensuring that production output complies with company production requirements and quality standards also ensuring compliance to stipulated budgets regarding labour and materials.
To identify where improvements can be made and by using the appropriate improvement tools and by working closely with the General Manager to ensure that changes are effectively implemented.
The Foundry Manager will also be responsible for:
- Manufacturing output of all Foundry Operations.
- Drive increases in customer satisfaction through effective management/implementation of improvement plans and associated KPI’s to demonstrate tangible benefits in quality, cost and delivery.
- Ensure all Health & Safety regulations and requirements are adhered to, following company policy in reporting and dealing with non-compliance.
- Co-ordinate maintenance activities to ensure equipment is fit for purpose and meets required performance levels.
- Ensure 100% OTIF & launch adherence against WTL, reviewing and monitoring performance daily with team leaders/supervisors
- Ensure 100% OTIF to sub-con operations, maintaining zero expedite costs.
- Responsible for controlling levels and purchasing of all materials in accordance with stipulated budgets and in line with customer requirements.
- Identify labour skills shortage / shift pattern requirements, presenting closure plans to the General Manager
- Develop a culture within the workforce of business improvement recognising the importance of quality workmanship delivering right first time.
- Lead & support team members on cost/lead time reduction through waste elimination activities.
Ideally you will have/be:
- HN Qualification in Engineering is preferred but not essential.
- Experience within a similar role is essential.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills along with a strong managerial attitude.
- Be able to communicate at all levels, with customers and colleagues.
- Have excellent knowledge of Foundry environments and preferably within the Aerospace sector.
- Have a good understanding of ISO 14001/NADCAP standards.
- Continuous Improvement experience would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety within the workplace.
Day shift – Monday to Thursday (07.45 – 16.30) Friday (07.30 – 13.30).
£30’000 – £35’000 annual salary dependent on experience.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com, alternatively call 01527 910100.