My client is a world leader in the Aerospace and Defense sectors. They are one of the UK’s leading design and manufacturers of high precision components.
Due to an increase in demand to meet customers’ requirements and unparalleled growth in their market, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quality Engineer to join their Quality Department.
The Quality Engineer’s key job roles and responsibilities are:
- Manage customer returns and any issues with parts in a timely manner
- Manage company non-conformance databases
- Lead problem solving activities utilising industry standard methodologies: 8D’s, 5 Why’s, 3C, DMAIC, Ishikawa Fish Bone Diagrams, FMEA’s
- Conduct internal audits and support/lead with customer, ISO and NADCAP audits
- Develop procedures in line with customer, ISO and NADCAP expectations
Ideally you will be/have:
- Degree or equivalent (HNC/HND) in Aerospace, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing or another related field
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within an Engineering or Quality Engineering role
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally or written at all levels within the organisation
- Be organised, practical and logical in your approach to work
- Positive can-do attitude
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent drawing interpretation skills
Other desired, but not essential, criteria are:
- Working knowledge of lean principles
- In depth knowledge of regulated industry standards, such as AS9100, ISO 9001 or TS16949
- Experience of NADCAP audits
- Six Sigma trained
Day shift – Monday to Thursday (7.45am – 4.30pm) Friday (7.30am – 1.30pm).
Company benefits are as follows:
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Attendance and timekeeping bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to work with major Aerospace companies worldwide
- Great development opportunities on an international scale
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively call 01527 910100.